Richmond AC Installations & Replacements
Setting Your Air Conditioning System Up for Success
Looking for a cooling solution for your home that is guaranteed to last for years to come? Davis & Green Electrical provides you with high-quality products and the best service in the area. Our Richmond AC installation specialists do everything we can to ensure your complete satisfaction with your service. We will examine your property, then sit down with you and discuss your comfort needs. With this information, we can make our recommendation based on the size of the building, efficiency considerations, budget, and more. It is always extremely important to us that we provide you with the system that perfectly suits your needs and lifestyle!
At Davis & Green Electrical, we pride ourselves on treating customers like family. Give our Richmond AC replacement and installation experts a call at (804) 312-5422 to see what you’ve been missing!
Do I Need to Replace My Air Conditioner?
Deciding when it is time to replace your AC unit is a big deal. After all, it represents a significant investment and impacts your day-to-day life in a fundamental way. Though it can be tempting to use your old unit until its dying day, the costs associated with running and repairing an old, inefficient unit can outweigh any savings gained by delay.
Several Signs To Watch For When Determining Whether You Should Replace Your AC, Include:
- Age: A properly maintained air conditioner usually lasts for about 10-15 years before it starts losing efficiency and requires more frequent repairs. If you are in this window and noticing other problems with your system, it may be an indication that it’s time to upgrade.
- Costly repairs: If your repair costs are getting out of hand due to more and more complex problems in the system, it is likely that it will be more cost-effective to replace it with one that operates more reliably.
- Increases in monthly utility bills: One of the biggest indicators that an AC unit is in its decline is a loss of efficiency, which translates to more money out of your wallet when it comes time to pay your electric bill. If you have noticed a steady increase in costs without an obvious cause, it may be worth investigating.
- Inability to keep up with demand: At the end of the day, your cooling system needs to keep you cool. If it can no longer do that effectively, it will be cheaper and more comfortable for everyone to get a newer system.
- Use of R22 or Freon refrigerant: The EPA completed its phase-out of common refrigerant R22 in January of 2020, meaning that systems currently using it may soon need another option. Rather than pay for the rapidly rising cost of R22 for a basic refrigerant leak, it may be wiser to replace the unit that relies on a cheaper, less harmful source.
Key Factors to Consider When Installing an AC Unit
Installing an air conditioner is not as easy as plugging in a fan and turning it on. There is a lot more to consider! Some people choose to install their air conditioning unit by themselves in an attempt to save money. However, most end up wasting time and actually costing themselves far more money. It is far more cost-effective to seek expert guidance from the outset.
Prior To Purchasing & Installing An AC, Some Factors You May Want To Consider Include:
- Appropriate size
- Quality system
- Efficient ductwork
- Energy consumption
- Proper placement
- Brand durability
- Maintenance plan availability
What Is A Good SEER Rating For An Air Conditioner?
One thing to keep in mind when installing a new AC system is the unit’s SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating. This rating indicates the amount of cooling an air conditioner is able to produce during the warmer months and how much energy or electricity is required. The higher the number, the more energy efficient the system is. On average, a SEER rating can range from 14 to 21. By investing in an air conditioner that has a higher SEER rating you not only save energy, but you can also cut utility bill costs and improve the overall comfort of your home. Consult with an expert member of our Richmond AC installation team to learn more about your new system options.
Flawless Installations You Can Trust
Let us help you avoid the risk and the hassle of trying to install an air conditioning unit on your own. You can count on our Richmond AC installation team to give you the best system and service available in the industry.